Join us in Costa Rica in 2020!
A huge reason why I chose, and continue to go back to Vida Asana is because of its location. Not only is the retreat center nestled between the ocean and the jungle, it is also located less than a mile from an unfrequented, beautiful black sand beach. Every time I go back, I comment on how private the location is while still being only 10 minutes away from a larger city. This idyllic location presents opportunities to relax alone, enjoy multiples beaches, and/or experience many close and exciting activities including exceptional surfing, ziplining, hiking, etc. It really is the best of all worlds.
My intention for this retreat is to create an inclusive atmosphere that is truly for all levels of yoga practitioners – from the brand new beginner to the seasoned veteran. The unique customization of classes and activities will provide you with the opportunity to explore what is best for YOU. Each morning, you will be treated to a centering meditation & breath practice followed by a mindful, balanced flow yoga practice that will awaken and revitalize your body. In the evenings, we will experience a calming, yin or restorative practice filled with peaceful sounds and the gorgeous backdrop of the jungle. In addition to exploring our yoga practice, we will immerse ourselves in a couple of excursions on select afternoons as well. A lovely mix of yoga, adventure, alone time, and relaxation.
Kelsey Whittaker is the owner of Wild Root Yoga. She has been practicing yoga for 8 years and has been teaching for 6. Kelsey is a runner, a cyclist, a rookie climber, a dog mom, a lover of IPAs and excellent coffee, and a nature enthusiast. She loves teaching yoga because it’s a wonderfully simple way to move your body – all you need is a mat. Kelsey moved to Nebraska in 2012 for graduate school and was lucky enough to find two incredible teachers with whom she obtained her 200 hour yoga teaching certification. With the desire to learn more, Kelsey enrolled in her 500 hour certification program with Carole Westerman at Evolve to Harmony yoga in Omaha. Kelsey’s favorite part about teaching yoga is seeing students connect with themselves on a level they’ve never explored before, simply by providing them with the tools to turn inward.
You’ll arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica on Sunday, March 22nd and we’ll have dinner and an evening practice. You’ll depart on Friday, March 27th after breakfast and a morning practice.
• $1,200/person (triple occupancy)
• $1,400/person (double occupancy)
• $1,700/person (single occupancy)
- Lodging (6 days/5 nights) with excellent WiFi
- 1-2 daily yoga practices curated by Kelsey
- 3 meals daily: Every menu item is truly delicious and made from scratch using whole, and as often as possible, organic ingredients. The food is mostly gluten free, and vegan centric.
- Guided hike through Rainmaker Park: Rainmaker Park is a genuine rainforest experience, complete with hanging bridges, rushing rivers, waterfalls, and clear fresh-water swimming pools. The tour finishes up with a home cooked traditional lunch.
- Surfing, SUP, or Ziplining adventure: We will learn from the best local surfers to teach us the ins and outs, guaranteeing us to stand up before our lesson is over! Paddleboarding is in the same location and another option if surfing isn’t your jam. If jungle sounds more appealing than water, ziplining will be right up your alley. This is a must do on the Costa Rican bucket list! 13 platforms with gorgeous views of the canopy and sea, interconnected with thrilling rides through the trees.
- Use of pool, sundeck, and hammocks
- Use of cruiser bicycles to get to and from the beach (5 min ride)
- Transportation to and from San Jose airport (a $180 savings!)
- Flights (round trip from Omaha is ~$300-$800 depending on when you purchase)
- Spa treatments
- Personal Expenses
- Additional excursions or activities outside of what’s already included
- Alcoholic beverages and additional food and beverage purchases
How to reserve your spot
To reserve your spot for this retreat, a US $500 deposit is required. The deposit is non-refundable. Full payment is due on or before February 15th, 2020. Deposits are non-refundable, however, if we are able to fill your space we will reimburse you the amount you paid minus the deposit. Once you reserve your spot, we will invite you to a private Facebook group where you can introduce yourself, ask questions, confirm flight details, etc. Kelsey will be active on the Facebook group to help you feel totally comfortable with your plans!
Contact Wild Root Yoga
Connect With Us
Lincoln, NE 68505