Join Us In Costa Rica This Fall!
Costa Rican Yoga & Wellness Retreat
Come rediscover yourself between the ocean and the jungle. Vida Asana was founded in 2002 and was one of the first yoga retreat centers on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Since then, Vida Asana has grown into a beautiful retreat center and eco-resort, providing a combination of lodging, fresh organic meals, pool, hammocks, yoga, surfing, and mountain biking vacations. The property is tucked away in the rainforest, less than a mile from the beach, and blends perfectly with the jungle environment. We will enjoy a simple and mindful experience that is often lacking in our daily lives. Breathing in the full energy of this incredible place will inspire you to slow down, to listen, and to connect.
Our intention for this retreat is to create an inclusive atmosphere that is truly for all levels of yoga practitioners – from the brand new yogi to the seasoned veteran. That is why we have designed each morning and evening practice to include options and each afternoon workshop to include very different yoga styles. The unique customization will provide you with the opportunity to explore what is best for YOU. Each morning, you will be treated to a mindful, balanced vinyasa practice that will awaken and revitalize your body. On select afternoons, you will have the option of deepening your practice of inversions and arm balances or developing your seated meditation and pranayama practice. If your mind and body are craving alone time or adventure, you can skip the workshops and explore on your own! In the evenings, we will experience a calming, restorative practice filled with peaceful sounds and the gorgeous backdrop of the jungle. In addition to exploring our yoga practice, we will immerse ourselves in a couple of excursions on select afternoons as well. A lovely mix of yoga, adventure, alone time, and relaxation.
Nicole Malene is a yoga teacher, personal trainer and wellness coach born and raised in Nebraska, USA and is currently based out of Granada, Nicaragua. Nicole received her Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition & Exercise Science, is a 500 HR RYT Certified Yoga Instructor and ACSM Certified Personal Trainer. Her love of mindful movement and desire to obtain and share knowledge with those of varying cultures has driven her to teach around places in North and Central America. Nicole believes heavily in the power and connection of mind and body. Adaptable to people of all backgrounds, shapes and sizes, this belief is the basis for her teaching and practice.
Kelsey Whittaker is the owner of Wild Root Yoga. She has been practicing yoga for 8 years and has been teaching for 6. Kelsey is a runner, a cyclist, a rookie climber, a dog mom, a lover of IPAs and excellent coffee, and a nature enthusiast. She loves teaching yoga because it’s a wonderfully simple way to move your body – all you need is a mat. Kelsey moved to Nebraska in 2012 for graduate school and was lucky enough to find two incredible teachers with whom she obtained her 200-hour yoga teaching certification. With the desire to learn more, Kelsey enrolled in her 500-hour certification program with Carole Westerman at Evolve to Harmony Yoga in Omaha. Kelsey’s favorite part about teaching yoga is seeing students connect with themselves on a level they’ve never explored before, simply by providing them with the tools to turn inward.
You’ll arrive on Wednesday, October 31st and we’ll have an evening practice and dinner. You’ll depart on Monday, November 5th after breakfast and a morning practice.
In addition to creating an inclusive retreat, we had another purpose which was to make it affordable! In order to do this, we decided to offer room sharing. This means that you can bring a friend OR meet a new one! A big goal for this retreat is to not spend much time in our rooms. We will be in such a beautiful area that we will encourage as much outside time as possible!
- $1300/person ($500 deposit accepted as reservation)
- Lodging (5 nights) with wifi
- 2-3 daily yoga practices
- 3 meals daily
- Every menu item is made from scratch using whole, and as often as possible, organic ingredients. The food is mostly gluten free, and vegan centric.
- Guided hike through Rainmaker Park
- Rainmaker Park is a true rainforest experience, complete with hanging bridges, rushing rivers, waterfalls, and clear fresh-water swimming pools. The tour finishes up with a home cooked traditional lunch and if you’re up for it a delicious craft beer brewed at the onsite microbrewery from their very own spring water!
- Surf OR Paddleboard session in Jaco
- We will learn from the best local surfers to teach us the ins and outs, guaranteeing us to stand up before our lesson is over! Paddleboarding is in the same location and another option if surfing isn’t your jam.
- Use of pool, sundeck, and hammocks
- Use of cruiser bicycles to get to and from the beach (5 min ride)
- Transportation to and from San Jose airport
- Spa treatments
- Personal Expenses
- Additional excursions or activities outside of what’s already included
- Alcoholic beverages and additional food and beverage purchases
How to reserve your spot
To reserve your spot for this retreat, a US $500 deposit is required. The deposit is non-refundable. Full payment is due on or before September 1st, 2018. Deposits are non-refundable, however, if we are able to fill your space we will reimburse you the amount you paid minus the deposit.
Contact Wild Root Yoga
Connect With Us
Lincoln, NE 68505